Monday, March 10, 2008

two worlds same happiness

It was one of the traditional Chinese festival on Sunday. Most call Feb 2nd (Chinese calender) is the day when dragons lift up their heads. So on that day, the custom is that most people have their hair cut in order to have a productive new year. Usually the hair salons will be full of people who are waiting to cut their hair. 

At home people eat home-made dumplings. Last year when I was still in my university in China,I  gathered all of my classmates and organized that at residence. All of my classmates are from other cities while I was studying at the university in my hometown. Since I thought they might miss home a lot at that time of year, I didn't go home but stayed with them. Some of us went to go shopping in order to get the materials we need and others talked with a restaurant to ask whether we could cook the dumplings their. We had a good time making dumplings by ourselves.

This year I am far away from those guys. They still hold the dumpling party and sent their miss to me when I called.

No matter where I am you guys are always my family. Best luck for all of u this semester

No comments: