Tuesday, January 29, 2008

better

After having a big cup of berryblossom, my stomach felt much better.Maybe it was because Mr.Ming Lee' E-mail actually.For three weeks I'be been in a low mood,trying my best to smile when being with others at school,pretending I'm all right.But I'm not.I know I'm not Ok.

My mom heard that I might go to university in May,and she said "go to the university and do not go home then"even without a one-second hesitation.What's going on ? Isn't she the one who saying missing me everyday?What does "for your good you'd better go to university as soon as possible,guaduate as soon as possible,find a job as soon as possible.........."mean????Come on
,it's not China,it's Canada!I'm not going to die if I guaduate later than others,I'm not going to have nothing to eat or become a beggar lying in the street when it's -40'C.Since I came here ,I've changes lot of my old opinions.I like this city and this country.It's quiet ,though maybe too quiet sometimes,but I fell comfortable living here.How can I suvive in a new place with my head full of past living rules?

So glad that I may not have a chance to go to university in MAY.Some may say I'm crazy.YeahI know my classmates in my home town are going to have their third year in university when I finally be accepted.They will have been working for two years when I start my university here.What is the big deal?Who can tell me what is the goal of life?Study,work,make
moneyget married,raise children,die.Is this the formality for everybody's life?I don't think so.I know I'm unique.I have enough confidence that I can survive in any culture,anywhere.That's enough.

Now I feel much better.My stress releases on one thing,and I can concentrate on my study now.
YOHO.
Fan is fantastic.
She is back.

5 comments:

Oksana said...

Hi Fan!
Sometimes people think too much about others... But why? You have your own life, unique as you told and it's the most important. We don't have right or wrong. We have different...
And about your mom. She wants all the best for you, I guess the best than she had, so she have to sacrifice her own emotions and feelings. Don't even think she doesnt want to see you!
ok, good luck! And be strong :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe you are right. However, sometimes I can't help thinking that what else I can do except study, working, marriage, raising children, and then die finally.

There are not many things I can do, if my life is going to follow this normal routine. there is not much time left as my life will be full filled with them.

Yes, we all want different lives, but how many people in the world can do that?

If you know the answer, Please tell me as I have been confused for a long time.

Anna said...

I am in the same case of you. I can not return China this year. I feel so bad. I dream to back but I can't.

Lisa said...

it's okay, never mind
don't think about me
i reeeeaaaally can go back to our lovely china by myself
hoho....

Scott Douglas said...

In Canada, I don't think there is as much pressure as in China to get things done. My parents never pressured me about graduating or going to university. I could study whatever I liked, and I could take off as much time as I liked. I even took a year off to go to France and Spain just to hang out :-) Then I didn't do my Master's degree until I was 30 years old!